Lots of club items to cover:
- We’ve arranged to have our next four meetings again at the Frederick YMCA at 7PM, the third Wed of June, July, Aug, and Sept. So,
June 19th, July 17th, August 21, and September 18
I’ll send out reminders but wanted to let you know now WAY ahead of time. Thanks to Bob Gramm for arranging these with the Y!
- Practice OWS at Ft Ritchie are taking place courtesy of Ken Racine and Racine Multisports. Check www.racinemultisports.com for swim practice dates/time.
- Speaking OWS, June 2 is the 2nd Annual Swim Fest also at Ft Ritchie via Racine Multisports. Registration is still open, though I believe after this evening, the price will go up. Better hurry! And if you have a kayak or know someone who does, Ken needs kayak safety support for the Swim Fest. Contact Ken via the Racine Multisports website.
- Lots of Congrats!
– Fred Weber completed the Kinetic Sprint Tri the previous Sunday and took 9th in AG! Super Fred!
– Dan Fulk completed the Kinetic Sprint Half the previous Saturday with a nice time of 5:14:48! Nice Dan!
– Many folks competed in the Columbia Triathlon this past Sunday, a few with PRs and awards! Congrats to Jake Fox, George Corbi, Ken Racine, Vaughn Temple, Kevin Clark, and Charlie Smith! Those are the ones I could find on the results in the club. If you also participated/finished, shout out and be recognized!
– Despite an allergic reaction to something while on the course, Tamara Bruce finished Ironman Texas this past Saturday!
– And Nick Hetro finished FIRST OVERALL at Setup Events International Maritime Triathlon also this past Sunday with a time of 2:06!! Fantastic!
– Last but not least, yours truly finished the Kinetic Sprint Tri as well taking 3rd in AG and 54th Overall out of 592 finishers! Oh what a feeling! Nice wine glass and bottle of wine for AG awards!
Keep the hits and trend going folks!!
- I recently found out a member’s daughter has cancer and the prognosis has not looked good. Therefore, I’m encouraging FTC members to consider entering in one way or another the Half Full Tri with Rev 3 Oct 6 in Columbia, MD. There is an Olympic and Half distance as well as a 5K that was just added. In addition, folks could sign up as a relay team. I myself am considering either the Olympic distance or the 5K. If folks from the club want to get relay teams together, we can discuss at an upcoming meeting.
Still lots of events on the horizon as the 2013 season is just getting going! Rocky Gap Tri and Eagleman are the next main events up in June as well as Swim Fest. And if you’re looking for an easy tri with a pool swim, consider the Hagerstown Tri on July 21. For a more difficult one, consider the Ft Ritchie Tri/Du on Sunday Aug 4.
More news and updates as I get them and can feed to you!
Dave, Club Prez